Welcome to Windhager
Thank you for purchasing your Windhager heating system.
Windhager are one of the world's leading manufacturers of low carbon wood pellet, wood chip and log gasification boilers.
With over 100 years of knowledge and experience the name Windhager is inextricably linked with quality, innovation and service. All Windhager biomass boilers are built to the highest standards, using premium quality materials and manufactured in our modern production facility in Austria. As experts in producing renewable heating solutions we use our extensive knowledge and experience to provide tailor made heating solutions to bring warmth into your home.
To ensure your boiler experiences maximum longevity and provides efficient, trouble free operation it is important that it is regularly serviced and maintained. The Windhager UK Service Department regularly services and maintains in excess of 1100 boilers a year across the UK. Windhager engineers are experts in their field, fully trained and carry a van stock of spares to ensure boilers are maintained and operating efficiently at all times.
Systems that are connected via the Windhager MyComfort app can be diagnosed and adjusted remotely by our engineers.
Windhager customers also have access to free out of hours support.
Windhager are happy to offer annual maintenance contracts, servicing or emergency callouts. Please contact us for more details.
For all your spare part requirements visit:
Your investment in a Windhager biomass boiler is backed up by Windhager UK’s industry leading Customer Care and Service Departments. The comprehensive warranty provided with your Windhager boiler from new is also dependent on an annual service being undertaken by Windhager UK or an independent service company, who have undertaken the appropriate Windhager product and service training.
Windhager UK’s Technical and Service Departments have a team of experts on hand to answer technical enquiries and to schedule service appointments. They are supported by a team of Windhager UK Field Engineers who provide reactive, onsite service and maintenance. Their vehicles are fully equipped with all major spare parts, service equipment and technical instrumentation to ensure a rapid response and resolution to all service and maintenance requests.
A range of service options are available direct from Windhager UK
Ensure that your boiler is fully serviced and ready for the heating season, a Windhager annual service will include: -
- Cleaning of boiler combustion chamber and heat exchangers
- Cleaning and inspection of combustion chamber components and air ways
- Removal, cleaning and inspection of induced draught fan
- Inspection of all seals, lubrication of components and functional tests
- Service and lubrication of pellet feed changeover unit (if fitted)
- Replacement of any worn parts1
- Sweeping of chimney2
- Update of boiler software to latest version (if required and supported by hardware versions)
- Access to Windhager online technical support (including out of hours)
- Post service hand over to customer, explanation of works carried out and any recommendations
Annual Service caveat: This is not an inexhaustible list of work undertaken during a service and is dependent on individual product type and installation.
1 Replaced parts are chargeable if outside warranty period, are classed as wear parts, if component failure is due to use of incorrect fuel or misuse of appliance.
2 Sweeping of chimney must be agreed with Windhager Service and Technical Departments prior to service and is an additional charge to the boiler service.
Receiving Non-Domestic RHI payments (NDRHI)?
It is a requirement* that when in receipt of NDRHI that you have your biomass boiler serviced annually by an approved service company who are accredited to the MCS040 standard and that the service is notified via Ofgem to ensure NDRHI payments are not interrupted.
- Windhager UK are approved for servicing under the MCS040 scheme and will service your boiler(s) under the terms required by Ofgem for NDRHI payments
- Windhager Service Department will notify when your boiler(s) have been serviced which will ensure that your RHI payments can continue
- To book a service that requires NDRHI notification please inform the Windhager Service Department at time of booking, you will also need to provide your RHI number if we do not hold this on our records
* Requirement as of April 2022
A Windhager 365 Service Plan3 offers peace of mind in the provision of a cost effective and comprehensive service plan. The 365 Service Plan ensures that boilers are serviced and maintained as well as covering all required replacement components under a one-off annual payment.
The standard 365 Plan is available to all Windhager biomass boilers under 5 years with the exception of BioWIN Lite.
The 365 Service Plan includes:
- Full boiler service as per annual service
- Supply of all Windhager replacement system parts (including wear parts) at no additional cost4
- Access to Windhager online technical support (including out of hours)
- Reduced callout fees
Priority technical assistance (phone or online) and callouts
365 Plus Plan
The 365 Plus Service Plan3 is designed for BioWIN Lite appliances as well as boilers with high operating hours or over 5 years old.
As per standard 365 Service Plan terms with all replacement parts (including wear parts) supplied at a premium discounted rate.
3 Terms and conditions of 365 Service Plan apply
4 Replaced parts are chargeable if component failure is due to use of incorrect fuel or misuse of appliance.
|Single Boiler (excluding BioWIN Excel & PuroWIN)||Single Boiler|
(BioWIN Excel or PuroWIN)
|Triple Kaskade |
|Quad Kaskade |
|Call out fee |
|365 Plus Plan||£442.05||£442.05||£856.94||£1,283.77||£1,701.62||Less 35%||£119.31|
All prices excluding VAT.
(VAT 0% rate applies to domestic installations)
Bespoke service plans and scheduled maintenance plans can be arranged on request.
All prices are correct at the time of going to print. Windhager UK Ltd reserve the right to alter prices without notice.
Simplicity and Convenience
- Booking a service could not be easier – simply call our service department or use our online service request portal:
Book A Service
- 24/7 technical support is only a click away through our online technical assistance portal:
- Registering your boiler or updating your contact details is simple, just visit our Support Services web pages.
Register your boiler or
Update Customer Details
- Control your heating system whilst on the move
- The Windhager MyComfort app allows full control of your heating system5 and boiler
- Compatible with most smart phones and tablets
- Free to download app
- Contact our Technical Department for more details on how to upgrade to MyComfort
5Remote heating control with MyComfort only available with Windhager MES control
- Windhager are always one step ahead when it comes to controls and are constantly developing more advanced control systems as technology advances
- A controls upgrade could provide added efficiency and functionality to your system
- Contact our Technical Department to discuss potential system upgrades for your Windhager system